Creative Audigy + RC1 = not working!

Old September 21st 06, 07:01 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
super_canard

Default Creative Audigy + RC1 = not working!

Well,

I'm using rc1 (5600) 32bits, the 64bits was useless, wouldn't bootup because
of my promise raid array (which works perfectly on the 32bit version... I
guess the digital driver requirement is going to be the 64 bit's doom...)
anyway...
The drivers installed, like everyone, none of the applications got installed
from the driver, except the audio console.
I have surround sound, BUT while in game, I get "distortions" when it's
supposed to use the subwoofer (like cracking/spitting noises), the subwoofer
is still sending something, but much lower than it should... I'll assume
either rc1 or the drivers themselves have an issue with EAX. There's no Thx
console/options, but it seems to be doing a decent job with media player
(watched a few dvd's, and they sounded absolutely fine to me, hence why I
don't think it's a huge issue, more like the EAX not working... most likely
one of the popups saying it's not running/installed/compatible/signed).

Also, a tiny bug, when using the calibration/test wizard from rc1, the
screen flicker a lot, and the sound can be "cut" from times to times (on all
frequencies/encryption). I'll assume it's related.
"AndyMAc" wrote:

Heres a weird one. Im using RC1 x64 and have an Audigy 1 card. None of the
beta drivers from creative worked (kept saying couldnt detect hardware) so as
a last resort I dug out my old cd that came with the card. Used Vista to
detect the drivers and browsed to the driver folder on the disk. Works fine
now. I thought that 32 bit drivers wouldnt work on x64 but it does.

"_Mark" wrote:

Yea, same here that is why I installed the 32 bit version..

"Willgart" wrote in message
Hi,

the creative drivers for my Audigy 2 works fine under pre-rc1
but not under RC1

I'm using RC1 x64 version versus x32 for the pre-rc1 release.

anyone as the same issue?

Old October 2nd 06, 07:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Icik

Heres the resolution for all of u which are usin 64-bit Windows Vista. This
was tested on RC1 (5600) and (5728) as i see everyone is havin problems with
creative card and unsigned drivers which cant be installed under 64bit Vista.
In previous build it was easier to install unsigned drivers. With prompt
command and complete termination of driver signs check "bcdedit /set
nointegritychecks on" and or press F8 and Disable signed driver enforcment on
startup @ boot up menu of Vista. You can try this and it will maybe work for
u. Dont forget to restart after usin command promopt command. If u dont want
bother with this go to creative webpage. As u know 64bit vista is little bit
like XP 64bit. If u use download drivers from creative ,that webpage is check
your system and as you can see is gettin info that its Win XP-64bit version.
So just download Win XP 64bit drivers and install them. They're signed so you
even dont have to F8 every startup etc.
This should work even with X-fi cards.

Heres direct link for download drivers which i am currently usin and it
works great (audigy 2,ZS,4):

http://uk.europe.creative.com/suppor...al+x64+Edition

PS: MS pls let us decide what we want to install and remove signed drivers
enforcment

Old October 3rd 06, 02:33 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
super_canard

Well, the 64 verion ended being unbootable/unusable because of my promise
raid controller.. (would bsod if launched with F8)... the 32 bits version
rules though... alrhough my sound card can't be installed at ALL for some
reason... :-S