Creative Audigy + RC1 = not working!

Old September 7th 06, 04:13 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Willgart

Default Creative Audigy + RC1 = not working!

Hi,

the creative drivers for my Audigy 2 works fine under pre-rc1
but not under RC1

I'm using RC1 x64 version versus x32 for the pre-rc1 release.

anyone as the same issue?

Old September 7th 06, 07:38 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Leadfoot

"Michael Cecil" wrote in message
On Thu, 7 Sep 2006 00:13:38 -0400, "Willgart"
wrote:

Hi,

the creative drivers for my Audigy 2 works fine under pre-rc1
but not under RC1

I'm using RC1 x64 version versus x32 for the pre-rc1 release.

anyone as the same issue?

I noticed that Creative issued some new drivers a few days ago, at least
for x86. They worked for me with RC1 but I didn't try x64

Not working for me either. Same thing, worked under pre-RC1 and then with
RC1 using this file

SBAXVSD_PCDRV_US_2_10_0000

I got a lot of dialog boxes saying something about unsigned files

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

Old September 7th 06, 09:16 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Jordie Diepeveen

I used (Audigy 1) this driver:
http://files2.europe.creative.com/ma..._2_10_0000.exe

It should also work for the Audigy 2. Under the setup you will get 2
messages telling you the drivers isn't signed. Just accept the unsigned
drivers. After the first reboot of Vista you will get about 4 error
messages, just press OK, it will work. The MIDI/joystick-port will not be
installed (bug in the driver).

Use the Creative Audio Console to sellect your speaker setup and NOT the
Vista wizard for it, or else if you use surround the rear speakers will not
working when you are listening to stereo sound.

Good luck!

J.D.

Old September 7th 06, 10:44 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Leadfoot

"Jordie Diepeveen" wrote in message
I used (Audigy 1) this driver:
http://files2.europe.creative.com/ma..._2_10_0000.exe

It should also work for the Audigy 2. Under the setup you will get 2
messages telling you the drivers isn't signed. Just accept the unsigned
drivers. After the first reboot of Vista you will get about 4 error
messages, just press OK, it will work. The MIDI/joystick-port will not be
installed (bug in the driver).

Use the Creative Audio Console to sellect your speaker setup and NOT the
Vista wizard for it, or else if you use surround the rear speakers will
not working when you are listening to stereo sound.

Good luck!

Thats the same one I'm trying to install, is your copy of vista 32 pr 64
bit/

J.D.

Old September 8th 06, 01:28 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Ryan

I'm willing to bet he's using the 32-bit version. 64-bit SUCKS! Why the
hell does it require signed drivers? It's so damn bogus I'm tired of it!
I've been trying to get my sound to work all damn day. THANKS MS / CREATIVE!

Old September 9th 06, 07:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Greg King

All, I am running Vista x64 RC1 (clean install) and I am running into those
same issues also. Has anyone figured this out on Vista x64? I saw mention
that there were drivers for RC1 but the only ones I have found are for Vista
32-bit and 64-bit Beta 2 Build 5384 and Build 5456.
--
Greg King

Old September 10th 06, 02:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Leadfoot

"Greg King" wrote in message
All, I am running Vista x64 RC1 (clean install) and I am running into
those
same issues also. Has anyone figured this out on Vista x64? I saw mention
that there were drivers for RC1 but the only ones I have found are for
Vista
32-bit and 64-bit Beta 2 Build 5384 and Build 5456.

Audigy 2 ZS platinum
Nforce4 motherboard
AMD 3800 X2 CPU

Operating system
Vista 64 Bit RC1 5600

Driver
SBAXVSD_PCDRV_US_2_10_0000 Dated 8-11-06

The key is to hit F8 when you are booting up on a 64bit system. Select
"disable driver checks" (something like that, you'll know it when you see
it) and then install your drivers oce you are into windows. Once your
drivers are installed you will have to hit F8 "disable driver checks" EVERY
TIME you boot if you want a non-signed driver to work. And you should
create a system resore point before you install the Aug 11 creative drivers
because if something goes wrong with your installation the uninstall portion
of the creative driver doesn't seem to work and any attempt to fix it
without removing the driver will be hosed. I hate system restore so I wound
up reformatting my hard drive twice before I got it to work

I don't think "BCDedit / set Nointergritychecks on" works on 64bit RC1
5600. The first time I did that witout F8 it was a failure. The time I
installed it and it worked I did both the BCDedit and F8 "disable driver
checks". Now if some pioneer is willing to just do F8 "disable driver
checks" without BCDedit let us know

No game port

Stereo sound only on a digital channel to FPS2000 speakers. I'm sure the
analog stereo works but haven't check it yet Haven't tried optical out yet
to my home theather receiver

Ganeport/stereo only were expected issues

--
Greg King

Old September 11th 06, 12:30 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
mikwiz

Exactly what I found for the Xfi drivers on my 64bit RC1--Finally after a
day's worth of trying, I got it to work using the F8 disable device
drivers--however, I only used it once, and ever since, on boot up, I have
never had to use again.
BTW, Creative sucks, in general, and especially their support. I also have
RC1 running on my 32 bit Dell Inspiron laptop with Creative Advanced MB
Audigy 2, and it has never worked right under Beta 2 Vista or now under RC1.
In fact, you can't even find a listing for it as one of their products (yes,
I know it is OEM, but it's not even listed on their OEM page!). The cd it
came with, is utterly useless, and under compatibility mode, RC1 tells me
"Don't even bother with this Creative Card!
--
Buddha Bless You

Old September 18th 06, 08:47 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
AndyMAc

Heres a weird one. Im using RC1 x64 and have an Audigy 1 card. None of the
beta drivers from creative worked (kept saying couldnt detect hardware) so as
a last resort I dug out my old cd that came with the card. Used Vista to
detect the drivers and browsed to the driver folder on the disk. Works fine
now. I thought that 32 bit drivers wouldnt work on x64 but it does.