Intellipoint and Intellitype on RC1?

Old September 7th 06, 12:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Edric

Default Intellipoint and Intellitype on RC1?

Hi

I have installed my CPP RC1 and still don't have my MS Laser Mouse and MS
Media Pro keyboard recognized as such, no buttons/functions operational. Any
news about it?

Thanks

Edric

Old September 7th 06, 03:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
[email protected]

None as of yet, their own software isnt working on Vista, either
version x86 or x64, so personally i dont think Vista is quite yet
ready to be released to the public at retail.
Posted with NewsLeecher v3.5 Beta 3
* Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy
* http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet

Old September 7th 06, 03:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Peter

This may help: http://neosmart.net/blog/archives/56

--
Peter
Toronto, Canada

Old September 7th 06, 05:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Edric

Thanks, Peter, it worked great, with minor variations, since mine is the
64-bit version. Anyway, I really don't understand why that could not come
right from MS... It is so simple...

Edric

Old September 7th 06, 06:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Peter

Tell me about it, you'd think that their own hardware/software would be the
first consideration.
Take my MSFT Keyboard Elite for Bluetooth, for example. If I want to use it
in both XP and Vista I now have to remove/reinstall it each time I switch
OS's as Vista no longer allows a passkey-free installation...the hardware
can't cope with more than one passkey at a time so I kept it secure in XP
and less so in Vista which I don't use so much.
Now I'm reduced to my old PS/2 keyboard for Vista.

--
Peter
Toronto, Canada

Old September 7th 06, 06:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Brian

I can get the keyboard to install without a passkey even though there is not
a selection for it anymore. I'm at work right now so I'm guessing on how
exactly I did it but I think if you search for the device and then before
you pair with it, right click on the keyboard that is found and click the
box for the drivers. Then cancel the pairing and it will work. Again, I'm at
work and I'm not sure exactly if this is what I did but if you play around
with it you will figure out how to connect without a passkey. They should
put the selection back though, this way is not how it should work.

Old September 7th 06, 07:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Peter

You are right...it worked. Thanks for the great tip!! Now if only
Microsoft could come up with explanations like that. I reported it early on
in the last build.

--
Peter
Toronto, Canada

Old September 7th 06, 08:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
newsgroups.comcast.net

Edric,
Thanks very simple, I wish the MS and other software manufacturers could
be as efficient in their response to Vista and the problems it brings.
Thanks, Marty

Old September 19th 06, 06:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Donald L McDaniel

On Thu, 7 Sep 2006 11:53:25 -0400, "Peter" ex-brit AT rogers DOT com
wrote:

This may help: http://neosmart.net/blog/archives/56

It doesn't help me, since my Intellitype/IntelliPoint 5.5 installs no
such "oemsetup.inf" anywhere on my system.

Of course, my software was already installed in Vista.

==

Donald L McDaniel
Please reply to the original thread,
so that it may not become broken.