Vista Banter

-   -   Audigy 2 ZS Platinum. Vista RC1 5600 and digitally signed drivers (http://www.vistabanter.com/6405-audigy-2-zs-platinum-vista-rc1-5600-digitally-signed-drivers.html)

Leadfoot September 7th 06 03:29 PM

Audigy 2 ZS Platinum. Vista RC1 5600 and digitally signed drivers

I did the "bcdedit / set nointegritychecks ON" from the command prompt as
the Administrator. Got verification tthat it was set. re-booted and when I
installed the latest Creative 64-BIt driver about 15 files (give or take a
couple) came up with messages that "this version of windows will only
install digitally signed drivers"

When I do a standard reboot the loudspeaker icon is red X'ed, the device
manager shows the Audigy 2 ZS driver has a problem and the audio console is
missing along with a CThelper error box

When I do a reboot and hit F8 and select the option to use unsigned drivers
the Loudspeaker red X goes away and the device manager says the Audify 2 ZS
driver is working but the audio console is missing along with the CThelper
error box. I can get a test sound when I select SPDIF and select test.
Speakers are digital FPS2000. This only occurs on F8 reboot. Do a standard
reboot and you're back to nothing working.

So what's the deal? Is creative too cheap to get the drivers digitally
signed so they will install properly or is MS charging too much?

Is therr another solution so I can use media center?