WE NEED VISTA 64-BIT SIGNED DRIVERS FOR THE CREATIVE LABS AUDIGY C

Old September 8th 06, 01:26 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Ryan

Default WE NEED VISTA 64-BIT SIGNED DRIVERS FOR THE CREATIVE LABS AUDIGY C

Topic says it all. I have tried EVERYTHING possible that I've read from this
beta and others to try to get my sound working. It doesn't work. I am so
****ed off that I installed the RC1 now. PLEASE give us signed drivers.
Old September 8th 06, 02:04 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Mark

Hi, I was frustrated too and thought I would try something. I went to
Creatives site and downloaded the 64 bit drivers for Windows XP. I
extracted them to a folder on my desktop. I then went into device manager
and clicked to update my Sound blaster driver and pointed it to the WDM
folder in the soundblaster drivers folder and they work. I couldn't install
the Audio Console from there but found that I still had the one from trying
Creatives Vista drivers. I now have my sound back and it appears to have
all 6 speakers working. I hope this helps.

Old September 9th 06, 01:31 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Bones

You need to nag the hardware manufacturer. They are the ones that make (or
don't make) the driver that you need. Not Microsoft.

Old September 10th 06, 11:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
DCLocal

Default WE NEED VISTA 64-BIT SIGNED DRIVERS FOR THE CREATIVE LABS AUDI

How did you extract to a specific folder? When I try there is no option; it
just installs.

Old September 19th 06, 12:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Mohawk

Mark, how did you extract an exe file? Vista will not let this install as
down loaded from Creative

--
I love beta, 80% better than 0%

Old September 19th 06, 01:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Mohawk

Mark, how did you extact an exe file. Vista only will let you run the exe and
then it fails.. as not responding...

--
I love beta, 80% better than 0%