Problems with sleep

Old August 6th 07, 06:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
BuzzLightyear

Default Problems with sleep

To make Windows go to sleep mode correctly I have to disable the option to
wake up the system with the keyboard, otherwise it goes to sleep mode but
suddenly restarts. Also, after restoring from sleep mode, network
connectivity doesn't work and using Network diagnosis I have to restore LAN
settings
Old August 6th 07, 09:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
dean-dean

You might want to check out this setting.

Go to Control Panel\Power Options, and under your chosen Plan, on the
right-side of the window, choose "Change plan settings".

On the new Edit Plan Settings window, click on "Change advanced power
settings". A new dialog will pop up. Expand the "Multimedia settings"
entry, and then expand the "When sharing media" entry. Change it to "Allow
the computer to sleep" (Apply, OK).

Old August 8th 07, 01:42 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
daelu

"dean-dean" wrote:

You might want to check out this setting.

Go to Control Panel\Power Options, and under your chosen Plan, on the
right-side of the window, choose "Change plan settings".

On the new Edit Plan Settings window, click on "Change advanced power
settings". A new dialog will pop up. Expand the "Multimedia settings"
entry, and then expand the "When sharing media" entry. Change it to "Allow
the computer to sleep" (Apply, OK).

"BuzzLightyear" wrote in message
To make Windows go to sleep mode correctly I have to disable the option to
wake up the system with the keyboard, otherwise it goes to sleep mode but
suddenly restarts. Also, after restoring from sleep mode, network
connectivity doesn't work and using Network diagnosis I have to restore
LAN
settings

Thanks for that suggestion, it solved my problem with getting the pc to sleep.
Old August 8th 07, 02:01 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
dean-dean

Thanks for reporting this. I had to dig to find that one myself, to get my
computer to sleep. I'm glad to hear things are working for you.

Old August 11th 07, 03:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
dean-dean

Try this.

Open Command Prompt and type

powercfg -a

Press Enter on your keyboard. This reports the available sleep states on
your system, and attempts to report why sleep states are unavailable.

Another consideration is to update your display adapter driver, if that's
possible.

Old August 21st 07, 09:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
BuzzLightyear

Using powercfg -a I get:
"Nel sistema in uso sono disponibili gli stati di sospensione seguenti:
Standby (
S1 S3 ) Ibernazione Sospensione ibrida
Gli stati di sospensione seguenti non sono disponibili nel sistema in uso:
Standby (S2)
Il firmware del sistema non supporta lo stato di standby."

Which is more or less: "S1 and S3 are available. S2 is not available because
sistem firmware doesn't support standby state"

I have the latest BIOS and latest video adapter drivers

Old September 8th 07, 04:10 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Cody

I am getting this same problem only with hibernation mode. I think it might
be due to media center waking it up in the middle of the night.
Old September 9th 07, 12:02 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Christopher Robin

I'm going to revive this thread because I'm having sleep issues myself. My
problem is that if I placee my system to sleep via the start menu, everything
works normally. The system sleeps, and later I'm able to wake it up. If I
set the power options to place the system to sleep after so many minutes of
inactivity, however, I'm unable to wake it up. I'm not at my machine at the
moment, so I'm not able to check anything, but I'm looking for different
ideas of what may be causing this.

Thanks,
Chris

Old September 9th 07, 12:44 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
west

"BuzzLightyear" wrote:

To make Windows go to sleep mode correctly I have to disable the option to
wake up the system with the keyboard, otherwise it goes to sleep mode but
suddenly restarts. Also, after restoring from sleep mode, network
connectivity doesn't work and using Network diagnosis I have to restore LAN
settings

Same here, it's driving me nuts. I can't use sleep because it wakes up
immediately and also breaks the internet connection. I'm running the 64 bit
version (Premium) I've downloaded all the available hotfixes, latest device
drivers and latest motherboard bios. I have my mouse set to not wake the
system. After I try the sleep function it wakes immediately, but if I try it
again, the system just won't wake up and I have to reset it. Extremely
frustrating.