Vista Banter

-   -   SATA & IDE multi-drive config (http://www.vistabanter.com/6441-sata-ide-multi-drive-config.html)

suzánne September 8th 06 09:57 PM

SATA & IDE multi-drive config

test pc hardware meets/exceeds Vista requirements: 2 SATA hdds, 2 IDE hdds,
2 IDE DVDs
Vista [b. 5384] would not load on IDE drive, so I loaded it on the other
SATA drive [XP Pro is on the other], BIOS sees all drives, when booting into
Vista, none of the IDE hard drives are recognised, but the DVDs are. I
really need the other IDE drives to be able to completely test Vista before
it hits mainstream... haven't found a BIOS setting that will change this...
any ideas?

Michael September 9th 06 12:54 AM

SATA & IDE multi-drive config

I installed on top of XPSP2 and all HDDs (2 xIDE, 2xSATA Raid0, 1x SATA) are
accessible.
I'd try to mount the IDE HDDs in Computer Management/Disk Management.
Michael