Old June 2nd 08, 10:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
iganpo

Default Explorer doesn't show thumbnails on networked folder

No, those instructions don't help. I can already see thumbnail previewss on
folders on the local computer. But thumbnail previews will not display on
network folders.

Am I the only person with this issue?

"Dzomlija" wrote:

iganpo;734472 Wrote:
I keep all my photos on a networked computer. On my Windows Vista Home
Premium computer, I can't get Explorer to display the thumbnails for
any
picture. It only displays a generic image icon. If I open a folder on
the
local hard drive, it shows the previews fine.

I've made sure that to uncheck "Always show icons, never thumbnails" in
Folder Options. I've applied the folder template "Pictures and Videos"
the network folder.

My Windows XP computer seems to have no problem displaying image
thumbnails.

How can I get Vista to display the image thumbnails on a network
folder?

Try the direction in the tutorial
"http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/73715-thumbnails-windows-explorer.html?ltr=T".
That might work.

--
Dzomlija

Peter Alexander Dzomlija
-Do you hear, huh? The Alpha and The Omega? Death and Rebirth? And as
you die, so shall I be Reborn...-

_*Prometheus*_
MOBO: ASUS MB-M3A32-MVP Deluxe/WiFi-AP
CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Quad