This is Crazy ...Even for a Beta Prgm

Old September 9th 06, 07:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Jim McCree

Default This is Crazy ...Even for a Beta Prgm

Below is a list of the items that "currently" function perfectly with Vista
Beta 2 on my laptop that are / will not work if I "upgrade" to Vista
RC1........There is even a Microsoft product that wont work as well in the
list.....

a.. eTrust EZ Antivirus 7.1
b.. Intel PROSet/Wireless
c.. Nero ImageDrive
d.. Nero Vision 4
e.. QuickTime 6
f.. Digital Line Detect
g.. Alps Touch Pad Utility
h.. Easy Capture
i.. ATI Control Panel
j.. Zero Config
k.. Works 8
l.. Broadcom Control Suite
m.. Internal NIC Configuration
The EZ Anti virus was also made especially to work with this Beta prgm as
well.....

Jim

Old September 9th 06, 08:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Jeff

Jim,
Hi,
Some of that stuff on your list; is because RC1 is using new drivers.
The ATI one for example;is older than the one in RC1
CA EZ-trust was;at first;a recommended AV;but in the 1st few weeks of beta
2;was pulled from MSFT's recommendation site.
Looking at this list; it seems like you are running a Dell?
Which I am; a Dell e1505 laptop.
Avast has a great AV that works in rc1 now.

Jeff

Old September 9th 06, 08:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Jim McCree

Yes it a Dell Inspirion 6000......

I just saw that post about the AV upgrade as well......As well am looking
into the web sites of the others for more driver updates too...

Jim

Old September 9th 06, 08:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Jeff

Jim,
The RC1 default ATI drivers are ATI's newest. And I'm using Intel
3945abg-which doesnt have the Proset Utility;compatabilty, but I just don't
add it.
Works great with the native Vista driver.
Also; I've also got the Broadcomm nic; and as with Intel; the native
Vista drivers are working fine;right outta the box(DVD)-lol; I just stay
away from the software part; of Intel and Broadcomm;because those are what's
incompatable.
Jeff

Old September 9th 06, 09:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Erik Wikström

On 2006-09-09 21:49, Jim McCree wrote:
Below is a list of the items that "currently" function perfectly with Vista
Beta 2 on my laptop that are / will not work if I "upgrade" to Vista
RC1........There is even a Microsoft product that wont work as well in the
list.....

a.. eTrust EZ Antivirus 7.1
b.. Intel PROSet/Wireless
c.. Nero ImageDrive
d.. Nero Vision 4
e.. QuickTime 6
f.. Digital Line Detect
g.. Alps Touch Pad Utility
h.. Easy Capture
i.. ATI Control Panel
j.. Zero Config
k.. Works 8
l.. Broadcom Control Suite
m.. Internal NIC Configuration
The EZ Anti virus was also made especially to work with this Beta prgm as
well.....

Can't see the problem, fact is that Vista is a major change from XP,
it's a miracle that so many apps still work. And besides, it's up to the
software vendors to ensure that their apps works on a specific OS, and I
doubt that many of them have been tested for Vista. Just be lucky that
they didn't do it like Apple, make all apps obsolete all in one go.

--
Erik Wikström
Old September 9th 06, 11:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
OpeXp

Hey Guys,
I been playing with Vista x64 for a few day and my screens seemed sluggish
so I donwloaded the latest ATI Drivers today (I played with vista beta 2 and
you have to download the one that includes both x86 and x64) and I must say I
have much better performance.
I'm running a x1600po and an ATI TV Wonder Elite... remote not working but
ATI control panel and all screens look great and are quick.

I don't know if that all in one package makes a diffrence for anyone else
but it worked better for me than the drivers Installed with Vista.
Anyhow, Just a thought
Op