Old June 5th 08, 10:14 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Nonny

Default Quickcam update

On Thu, 5 Jun 2008 09:24:22 +0100, "quickie"
wrote:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/04..._defender_sp1/

I apologize to your *source*. It wasn't the culprit, YOU were.

First, that article specifically says "some USB devices" and doesn't
include "all". You added "all".

Second, it's not SP1:

"Microsoft contacted El Reg late Thursday to point out that the
Windows update currently playing havoc with a number of USB devices
was in fact Vista SP1 pre-requisite, KB938371..."

Notice it's not SP1, but a different update.

"Nonny" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 4 Jun 2008 20:10:07 +0100, "quickie"
wrote:

i am reliably told that vista sp1 has knocked out some if not all usb
devices, hence the reasons why its probably not working

Dump your source. I have 6 native USB ports on this machine, one of
them servicing a 4-port powered hub.

All ports are working fabulously... just as they did before I upgraded
to Vista and after I installed SP1 a week later.