Old June 6th 08, 06:01 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
dennis

Default ram ..please help

Colin Barnhorst wrote:
Which clearly states what I have been trying to tell you:
"Although support for PAE memory is typically associated with support
for more than 4 GB of RAM, PAE can be enabled on Windows XP SP2, Windows
Server 2003, and later 32-bit versions of Windows to support
hardware-enforced Data Execution Prevention (DEP)."

This is not what we're talking about, I really do know that. You just
keep saying that 32-bit OSes cannot mathematically address more than
4GB, and that is not true. Yes, XP and Vista cannot go above 4GB, but
that is because Microsoft choose not to go there.