Old June 6th 08, 06:37 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Colin Barnhorst[_2_]

Default ram ..please help

Where do you get the idea that MS chose not to let the clients "go there."
They inherently don't "go there." The only "choice" MS made was to program
a capability into the Windows Server editions that enables them to "go
there." The capability to enable PAE to leverage additional addressable
memory is something that has to be programmed into an OS, not something that
is programmed out of one.

"dennis" wrote in message
Colin Barnhorst wrote:
Which clearly states what I have been trying to tell you:
"Although support for PAE memory is typically associated with support for
more than 4 GB of RAM, PAE can be enabled on Windows XP SP2, Windows
Server 2003, and later 32-bit versions of Windows to support
hardware-enforced Data Execution Prevention (DEP)."

This is not what we're talking about, I really do know that. You just keep
saying that 32-bit OSes cannot mathematically address more than 4GB, and
that is not true. Yes, XP and Vista cannot go above 4GB, but that is
because Microsoft choose not to go there.