Old June 7th 08, 10:38 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Charlie Tame

Default ram ..please help

dennis wrote:
Charlie Tame wrote:

Yes, I am just saying there are bigger fish to fry and I think there
is nitpicking but no real argument... been there done that (with you)
and it really does not help anyone. We all face a bigger problem with
ISPs now. FWIW I think Microsoft has done a good job trying to stay
impartial and an even better job at keeping the business in friendly
territories....

I take my time to respond to your false statement about not being able
to address more than 4GB (mathematically) in PAE mode, and this is what
your return? Don't expect me to respond to anything you have to say in
the future.

You seem to have a problem with your attitude Dennis. PAE mode is what I
was talking about, it is an ADDITION to a 32 bit system. As I recall we
were talking 32 bit addressing originally. In general 32 bit has a
physical and mathematical limit of 4GB. Whether MS chose to use it or
not, the fact that PAE could have been used does not change this fact. I
was not being confrontational, rather the opposite in fact, nor did I
make the original statement, however I think for practical purposes
saying that a 32bit OS can only support 4GB is true enough for most
situations, Anything over that in my opinion is an addition or workaround.