Old June 7th 08, 05:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
SCSIraidGURU

Default ram ..please help

Why would you want huge paging files instead of more RAM? Memory is
cheap to add in Vista x64. Hard drives are 1000x slower than memory to
run applications in. Microsoft did not implement what you want because
they know Physical RAM is better than any hard drive. You still need to
have a paging file.

How many 32-bit applications do you have that ever use 2GB of physical
RAM. Most of my applications and games are under 100 MB. Few get to
200 MB. Only my A/V and CAD applications really get to 1 GB.
Stronghold 2 was the only game that I saw use 800 MB of RAM.

--
SCSIraidGURU

Michael A. McKenney
'www.SCSIraidGURU.com' (http://www.SCSIraidGURU.com)

Supermicro X7DWA-N server board
pair of Intel E5430 quad core 2.66 GHz Xeons
16GB DDR667
SAS RAID
eVGA 8800 GTS 640 MB video card