Old June 7th 08, 06:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
dennis

Default ram ..please help

SCSIraidGURU wrote:
Why would you want huge paging files instead of more RAM? Memory is
cheap to add in Vista x64. Hard drives are 1000x slower than memory to
run applications in. Microsoft did not implement what you want because
they know Physical RAM is better than any hard drive. You still need to
have a paging file.

I'm not really sure what you mean. When have I ever said that I want
paging files more than I want physical RAM? Paging files are not part of
addressing physical memory.