Vista Banter

-   -   Radeon 9250 (http://www.vistabanter.com/6494-radeon-9250-a.html)

Tete Mensa-Annan September 11th 06 12:24 AM

Radeon 9250

I have an ATI Radeon 9250 in my Dell Dimension 4600C and it causes a blue
screen crash every time I shutdown or use switch user. The performance
information and tools app tells me that the 3D business and gaming graphics
performance is 1.0 which seems oddly low for that graphics card.

dxdiag tells me that DirectDraw, Direct3D, and AGP Texture Acceleration is
enabled

I'm running Battle for Middle Earth II without any problems.

Question 1: When will there be an updated or better driver?
Question 2: Will the ATI Vista RC1 beta driver support Radeon 9250?

Tete

Jane C September 11th 06 12:33 AM

Radeon 9250

List of supported ATI graphics cards:

Radeon® 9500, 9550, 9600, 9650, 9700, 9800, X300, X600, X700, X800, X850
series
Radeon® X1300, X1600, X1800, X1900 series
MobilityT Radeon® 9550, 9600, 9700, 9800, X300, X600, X700, X800 series
MobilityT Radeon® X1300, X1400, X1600, X1800 series
CrossFireT Xpress 3200 series
Radeon® Xpress 200, 200M series

--
Jane, not plain ;) 64 bit enabled :)
Batteries not included. Braincell on vacation :-)

Ted F September 11th 06 12:37 AM

Radeon 9250

As you see below your ATI Radeon 9250 video card is NOT supported.

Product series supported:
a.. Radeon® 9500, 9550, 9600, 9650, 9700, 9800, X300, X600, X700, X800,
X850 series
b.. Radeon® X1300, X1600, X1800, X1900 series
c.. MobilityT Radeon® 9550, 9600, 9700, 9800, X300, X600, X700, X800
series
d.. MobilityT Radeon® X1300, X1400, X1600, X1800 series
e.. CrossFireT Xpress 3200 series
f.. Radeon® Xpress 200, 200M series

Sascha Benjamin Jazbec September 11th 06 01:07 AM

Radeon 9250

wont be supported because it is not Aero comaptible ( no DX9c in Hardware )

You can go with that card Aero-Basic and use Generic VGA drivers, that
should stop the BSODs.
But gaming or MovieMaker and things like this is a no-go with thath card.

I had such a card two years ago and they really suck.Drivers are a mess, not
only in Windows, also in Linux.

I switched to Nvidia, far better 3D performances, support for all OS and
even cheaper than Ati.

Nvidia GeForce 5200 is the cheapest Aero-compatible card you can get in the
world.

SBJ

Michael September 11th 06 01:25 AM

Radeon 9250

Go he http://www.ati.com/technology/window.../GetReady.html
and follow the Vista Readiness Advisor link... it will tell you what you can
and cannot get graphics wise in Vista with your present card.
Michael