Old June 8th 08, 11:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
halvo08

Default cannot access my additional drives d:\ is not accessible

Hey everyone i am a nubie however i have scoured the sight and not come
accross my exact problem or a solution to it.
i have installed vista x64 ultimate and have three additional drives
with my movies on them however i am unable to access them with vista i
keep getting the same message

d:\ is not accessible.
the request could not be performed because of an i/o error.

the drives show up in bios as well as in my computer i have all the
permissions set but i cannot acces them. i would reformat but i have
spent hundreds of hours converting my movies and don't want to lose all
my hard work.
i am running
x64
amd due core 6000
4gb pursuit 4-4-4-12 ddr2 ram
3 x samsung 500gb sata hdd
asus m2n 1394 motherboard
basic video graphics
tru power 500w psu
its driving me crazy any and all help is greatly appreciated
marcus

--
halvo08