Old June 10th 08, 09:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
1shot

Default Unable to open pics in Windows Photo Gallery on my Vista deskt

Sorry, I cant seem to follow your instructions to solve this problem.
I.E. copy web/internet shortcuts? what are they and what do they look like..
I am new at this computer lingo. Please help explain how to do it..

Thanks

1shot

"fun2163" wrote:

FINALLY! I had the same problem, and think I found an answer - at least,
this worked for me...

It sounds crazy, but... copy all of the web / internet shortcuts that
are on your desktop to a folder on your desktop called test (or anything
else).

Now try double clicking on a JPG image (assuming Windows Photo Gallery
is still your default application.)

*If that works - PLEASE post a reply here.*

Then, one by one, copy the shortcut files back to the desktop - double
clicking the JPG file each time to see when this happens again. When you
find the offending shortcut, copy it's URL and delete the file. Then
try double clicking the file again.

Again - if this works, please post here.

--
fun2163