Audigy 4 + rc1

Old September 12th 06, 12:32 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
AJASAUR

Default Audigy 4 + rc1

I've got an audigy 4 card and for the life of me i can't get it to work with
rc1. I've tried the beta drivers from creative and the xp 64 pro drivers with
no luck.

Has anyone out there got there audigy to work and how did you do it?
Old September 12th 06, 04:44 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Ted F

Just a heads up. I got this from the tech notes.

Creative Sound Blaster Audigy series Vista Beta Driver 2.10.0000

Take note of the following:

THIS IS AN UNSUPPORTED BETA DRIVER. There is no technical support for this
driver.
We recommend that only experienced users install this driver. Do not install
this driver for critical tasks.
This download supports Windows Vista 32-bit and 64-bit Beta 2 Build 5384 and
Build 5456, and may not work on other Vista builds.
This beta driver expires on November 4, 2006. When this happens, users
should install the latest Sound Blaster Audigy series Vista driver
available.

Old September 12th 06, 07:13 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
AJASAUR

Yeah mate i read that too. I've tried disabling the driver signing but all
too no avail.
Has anyone had this problem and solved it?

Old September 12th 06, 08:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Craig Pattison

I got my audigy platinum ex working by using windows update which installed
the driver but I had no sound. I then used the creative installer to
install driver and the audio console which installed. I re-booted and the
drivers were no longer installed. Rolled back driver in device manager and
it's now working. In 4.l surround not 5.1 but that is a totally different
issue for me.

Good Luck to those who try

Old September 13th 06, 12:05 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Dm00ney

I am not using the 64 bit of windows vista but I am using the x64 version
with the audigy 4. I have gotten it to work with full eax and 5.1. All I
did was first go to the device manager, right click on the card, and let
windows search for the drivers which installs a non 5.1 capable version. I
then downloaded the latest drivers from creative, and after reboot works
fine, sound out of all speakers, eax and such. hope this works..

Old September 13th 06, 12:06 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Dm00ney

I have gotten the audigy 4 to work in the x86 version. let the device
manager auto install drivers for it, then download the driver from creative
and install over. have gotten 5.1 and eax to work