Old June 12th 08, 05:45 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
NetBiznessMan

Default User 'Locked' after Sleep Mode

"NetBiznessMan" wrote in message
"albenzing" wrote in message
Running Vista Business w SP1

Have a simple setup, with one user - an User Account Control is turned
OFF. Since I use a Hard Drive Password, I prefer not to use a Windows
login password.

During normal bootup, my User login occurs automatically, as desired.

However, if Vista goes into Sleep mode, when I activate it there is no
automatic login. It shows the screen with my User Name and below the
icon it says 'Locked'. Since I do Not have a Password set, this just
requires hitting Enter to trigger the login - but I'd like to have the
login occur automatically.

Note that this is a new/replacement laptop - Dell D630, so this is a
recent setup. I had been using a D620, also with Vista Business w SP1
and that worked normally.

TIA
Al

From your desktop right click and empty space and select personalize, then
screen saver, then make sure the check box for 'on resume, display logon
screen' is uncheck. That should take care of your problem.

Netbiznessman

Sorry my mistake I meant to say go to your power settings, then select the
link to 'change plan settings' then 'require a password on wake up' and set
your options to no. That should do the trick.

NetBiznessMan