Old June 11th 08, 05:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
Ronnie Vernon MVP

Default User 'Locked' after Sleep Mode

Al

Open Control Panel / Power Options. in the selected 'Preferred Plans'
section click 'Change Plan Settings' in the selected power plan. In the
following window, select 'Change advanced power plan settings'. In the
resulting dialog box, expand Additional Settings and Require a password.
Click the drop down menu in 'Setting' and select the 'No' option. Click
Apply/OK.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

"albenzing" wrote in message
Running Vista Business w SP1

Have a simple setup, with one user - an User Account Control is turned
OFF. Since I use a Hard Drive Password, I prefer not to use a Windows
login password.

During normal bootup, my User login occurs automatically, as desired.

However, if Vista goes into Sleep mode, when I activate it there is no
automatic login. It shows the screen with my User Name and below the icon
it says 'Locked'. Since I do Not have a Password set, this just requires
hitting Enter to trigger the login - but I'd like to have the login occur
automatically.

Note that this is a new/replacement laptop - Dell D630, so this is a
recent setup. I had been using a D620, also with Vista Business w SP1 and
that worked normally.

TIA
Al