Old June 13th 08, 04:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Mauro

Default I can't install ATI Catalyst in Vista

The manufacturer site indicate a new drive and software, but it don't
install. Without the software I am unable to adjust de video properties.

"DL" wrote:

You shoud'nt be installing drivers from winupdate, in particular Laptop
drivers which are often modified by the Laptop manufacturer, source these
from your Laptop site. - and if it aint broke why fix it?

"Mauro" wrote in message
I upgrade my notebook to Vista and the video drive automatic installed by
Vista is RADEON XPRESS 200M (WDDM), version 7.14.10.8333.

When I try to install the version 8.5 (from the ATI site) nothing happens.

If I force to install the new drive, Vista Update still inform the best
drive is the older, and the CCC (Catalyst control center) still not
installed.

Someone can help me?