Old June 13th 08, 04:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Mauro

Default I can't install ATI Catalyst in Vista

I try to use the drive indicate for Vista. The option for XP inform that is
not possible to use.

"Nonny" wrote:

On Fri, 13 Jun 2008 16:26:34 +0100, "DL" address@invalid wrote:

You shoud'nt be installing drivers from winupdate,

While that was true for XP it doesn't appear to be for Vista.

in particular Laptop
drivers which are often modified by the Laptop manufacturer, source these
from your Laptop site. - and if it aint broke why fix it?
"Mauro" wrote in message
I upgrade my notebook to Vista and the video drive automatic installed by
Vista is RADEON XPRESS 200M (WDDM), version 7.14.10.8333.

When I try to install the version 8.5 (from the ATI site) nothing happens.

If I force to install the new drive, Vista Update still inform the best
drive is the older, and the CCC (Catalyst control center) still not
installed.

Someone can help me?