Vista Banter

-   -   Vista RC1 64 Bit (http://www.vistabanter.com/6534-vista-rc1-64-bit.html)

AnthonyV60 September 12th 06 03:08 PM

Vista RC1 64 Bit

Hi...downloaded and built dvd as instructed...ran the dvd...setup
starts..then informs me that my system is not a 64 bit system...I have a new
Compaq Presario with an AMD Athalon 64 Bit 3500+. I am trying to test Vista
using Microsoft Virual PC in using a clean install....Any help would be
appreciated.
Thanx in advance

AnthonV60

Sascha Benjamin Jazbec September 12th 06 03:53 PM

Vista RC1 64 Bit

Virtual PC emulates only 32bit processor when running on 64bit real CPU.

Try vmware - don't know if they support 64 to 64 conversion.
Otherwise :
You will need the 32bit version of Vista or do a install on your physical
PC.

SBJ