Out of Range - 36.3Khz / 34hz - ATI X1900XTX

Old September 12th 06, 04:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Beta Tester

Default Out of Range - 36.3Khz / 34hz - ATI X1900XTX

Clean install of Vista 64 Bit RC-1, and experience problems at the very end
of the install. All files are loaded and no issues reported until the end.
The screen just turns blank.

Reboot machine, and it says Windows did not load correctly and do you want
to start in Safe Mode

The screen displays the error:

Out of Range 36.3Khz /34Hz

At this point the screen remains dark. If you perform the repair from the
install DVD, it reports it cannot resolve this issue.

System
Intel 945PSN
Intel Pentium D 2.8
Raid 0 - Raptors - 74Gig with Siig SC-SA0012-S1 PCI SATA Controller Card
ATI X1900 XTX
Sony 19" - SDM-HS95P/B - XBrite

Loaded the 64 Bit driver for the Siig Controller Card. Systems works fine
with Win XP 64 Bit version, however, when attemping to load Vista RC-1
experience the Out of Range Error.

Please advise,

Chad

Old September 13th 06, 12:40 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Beta Tester

Chas,

Thanks for the rapid response! Unfortunately, I do not understand on how
you were able to select 480 monitor support.

Would it be possible for you to give me some more details on how to
accomplish this? I apoligize in advance for not knowing these feature.

Thanks,

Chad

"Chas Smith" wrote:

I had the same problem. Rebooted and selected to use 480 monitor support.
This gave me the display and I just reset the graphic card back to my normal
settings once the desktop was shown. Hope this helps.