Vista Banter

-   -   Out of Rage - 36.3Khz / 34 Hz - ATI X1900XTX (http://www.vistabanter.com/6538-out-rage-36-3khz-34-hz-ati-x1900xtx.html)

Beta Tester September 12th 06 04:31 PM

Out of Rage - 36.3Khz / 34 Hz - ATI X1900XTX

I am experiencing the same problem using the ATI X1900XTX. I get all the way
thru the installation of Vista RC-1, and then the screen turns black.

I then reboot the system and perform the repair from the installation Disk,
and it is unable to resolve the error. My screen displays the error:

Out of Range - 36.3Khz / 34Hz

At this point I am unable to continue. However, the machine works
flawlessly on Win XP 64 Bit O/S.

Any ideas on how to resolve these issues with ATI Cards?

Regards,

Chad

"Terry" wrote:

I have a couple of old LCD monitors (Samsung SyncMaster 170MP and SGI
1600SW). Niether seem to work with Vista - all I get is a black screen. My
graphics card is a ATI Radeon X1600Pro. When I boot - the screen refresh goes
out of range. My Monitor is set to Default Monitor. I can neither change the
refresh rates nor attempt to add a monitor driver.

The monitors work in safe mode (VGA) and when I disable the video card to
VGA mode.

How can I set the Default Monitor refresh rate to 60Hz? Is there another
solution?