Old June 14th 08, 03:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Curious

Default I can't install ATI Catalyst in Vista

Not according to support at the ATI Website or the Vista drivers list at the
ATI FTP site.

"Mauro" wrote in message
Another information...

The drive 8.31.100.32q is for Windows XP, not Vista

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

Visit: http://support.acer-euro.com/drivers...k/as_3660.html
and from the MS Windows Vista drop-down list select
"ATI VGA driver 8.31.100.32q" to download the correct drivers
for your video adapter.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Mauro" wrote in message
Sorry...

Acer Aspire 3660.
Intel Celeron M
ATI Radeon xpress 200M

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

What is the make and model number of your notebook computer?

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows Desktop Experience -
Windows Vista Enthusiast

"Mauro" wrote in message
The manufacturer site indicate a new drive and software, but it don't
install. Without the software I am unable to adjust de video
properties.

"DL" wrote:

You shoud'nt be installing drivers from winupdate, in particular
Laptop
drivers which are often modified by the Laptop manufacturer, source
these
from your Laptop site. - and if it aint broke why fix it?

"Mauro" wrote in message
I upgrade my notebook to Vista and the video drive automatic
installed by
Vista is RADEON XPRESS 200M (WDDM), version 7.14.10.8333.

When I try to install the version 8.5 (from the ATI site) nothing
happens.

If I force to install the new drive, Vista Update still inform the
best
drive is the older, and the CCC (Catalyst control center) still not
installed.

Someone can help me?