VISTA ICANDY and no Support FOR INTEL MotherBoards

Old September 15th 06, 02:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Jon Acord

Default VISTA ICANDY and no Support FOR INTEL MotherBoards

Honestly I keep checking the Nvidia Website for updated drivers: I already
know the Nvdia Gforce drivers dated from September 1st will not work. In the
meantime if anyone else reads my ealier posts and can relate to the issues
please respond!
Nice talking with you Jupiter, thank you for the advice.

"Jupiter Jones [MVP]" wrote:

The error is clear enough to narrow down to one of two pieces of hardware,
video card and motherboard.
Perhaps it could be better, or perhaps that is as close as it can get
considering the close relation between the card and motherboard.

A great many are not having trouble with NVIDIA and I am one of those.
Vistas inability to use 3rd party hardware is related to the 3rd party not
providing support.

"I contacted intel: A technical support representative stated that..."
So what does Intel's website say about that motherboard and Vista?
What does the Vista Upgrade Advisor have to say about the Intel motherboard?
Has Intel updated that boards BIOS for Vista?
Are the boards chipset drivers etc designed for Vista?

Vista compatibility is a long chain, any weak link in the hardware can cause
your issues.
Vista has narrowed it down seemingly to the motherboard and video.
It is up to the hardware manufacturers to make the final step for
compatibility..

Vista is a Beta which really means nothing is guaranteed.
Of course you have appropriately bugged this to Microsoft as well as
formally reporting this to NVIDIA and Intel.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"Jon Acord" wrote in message
'You do not help by starting 2 threads' you stated. Answer: The page gave
me
errors and informed it did not post: I was unaware that it had accepted
the
first one. The point you seem to be missing is Vista's inability to give
an
error message in a clear manner. I contacted intel: A technical support
representative stated that it was Vista's inability to assign and handle
the
drivers. As far as nvidia I downloaded and had tried the latest drivers.
Same
error; their technical support also laid the blame on the poor design of
Vista: its apparent inability to manage the hardware and software. and
yes,
I've tried a clean install twice. With the 32 bit version and the 64 bit
version to no avail. I suppose I'll have to wait until enough people
complain. An article appeared in info World magazine today: it was called
and
i quote' 'Twisted Vista'. Lots and lots of people are having problems with
Nvidia cards and vista. I am Not the only one.

"Jupiter Jones [MVP]" wrote:

"VISTA's inability to assign resources to PCI express slot on my
motherboard"
That is a relatively clear message about the source of the issue, Intel
or
NVIDIA.
If it is not the video card, it is the motherboard.
In either case, Intel or NVIDIA.

Two points:
1. You do not help by starting two threads.
2. You give no indication you have contacted any of the hardware
manufacturers involved, Intel or NVIDIA.

Since it seems to be a hardware issue, that is where you should start as
has
already been said.

Also I would have performed a Clean Installation long ago to verify the
issue.
I do just that with Vista before I search for solutions elsewhere.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
http://www.dts-l.org

"Jon Acord" wrote in message
Go read my other thread with the SAME title

"Jupiter Jones [MVP]" wrote:

But, what has NVIDIA said when you asked them?
Age of the card is irrelevant, support and drivers come from NVIDIA.