speaker trouble

Old August 13th 07, 05:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
waitingforsuperman

Default speaker trouble

Recently installed Vista Ultimate on my Dell desktop. The speakers stopped
being recognized. When clicking on the sound icon, it states that 'no aduio
output device is installed.' When looking on the control panel and trying to
update a driver for the speakers, it states that the most up-to-date driver
is already installed. However, when you look for one, there is no driver
installed. The only sound that is emitted is the error beep on occassion.
Anyone that can help would be appreciated.
Old August 13th 07, 05:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Cal Bear '66

In Control Panel (Classic view) Device Manager Sound, video and game
controllers, what is your audio adapter?

Probably uninstalling your old audio adapter drivers and installing the latest
Vista drivers will solve your problem.

--
I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

"waitingforsuperman" wrote in
message ...

Old August 16th 07, 01:12 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Marcus

I am having the same problem. My sound worked from February until a few weeks
ago when I put my PC into hibernation. I found the following hotfix.
Unfortunately, it did not work in my case. Hopefully it will work for one of
you.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/937077
I have tried changing slots, re-installing the driver, even took the sound
card out and tried to use the onboard sound. My last resort will be to reload
Vista.

"TargetRacingGirl41" wrote:

I am having the same problem have you figured out how to get your speakers to
work if you have please email me at and let me
know thanks