Ati Drivers RC1 Bad???

Old September 14th 06, 01:37 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
camesenin

Default Ati Drivers RC1 Bad???

I install last drivers of Ati for my X800 All in Wonder later the screen
turned blue and the system froze ( no text just blue). I reset the computer
but just as it was to hit the desktop it turned blue again and froze so I
restarted in safe mode and rolled back.

My Performance Rating is 1

not working the drivers of ati for RC1, not working the drivers for ati of
windows update.

any idea?
Old September 14th 06, 02:36 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Tom Lake

"camesenin" wrote in message
I install last drivers of Ati for my X800 All in Wonder later the screen
turned blue and the system froze ( no text just blue). I reset the
computer
but just as it was to hit the desktop it turned blue again and froze so I
restarted in safe mode and rolled back.

My Performance Rating is 1

not working the drivers of ati for RC1, not working the drivers for ati of
windows update.

any idea?

I'm using the AIW X800 XT with the latest ATI drivers for RC1 and my
Graphics performance is 5.9 and Gaming Graphics is 4.9. Did you install
Vista over the top of another OS or was it a clean install?

Tom Lake

Old September 14th 06, 08:41 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
RR

Hello!

I have X800 (agp)
There seems to bee many bugs in the ati drivers. If i use media center in a
small window and want to put it fullscreen, there will be shown graphical
faults. But when starting it fullscreen it works fine. (for now)
Second bug is that i use program ArchiCad 10, witch is a cad program. It has
a ability draw 3D. It uses OpenGL (1.xx?) But the OpenGL just doesnt work at
all. I know that the OpenGL acceleration is ON by default in AC 10. So im
blaiming the ATI drivers that dont even regonaise the ArchiCad 10 running an
OpenGL 3D window.

Old September 14th 06, 02:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
camesenin

"Tom Lake" wrote:

"camesenin" wrote in message
I install last drivers of Ati for my X800 All in Wonder later the screen
turned blue and the system froze ( no text just blue). I reset the
computer
but just as it was to hit the desktop it turned blue again and froze so I
restarted in safe mode and rolled back.

My Performance Rating is 1

not working the drivers of ati for RC1, not working the drivers for ati of
windows update.

any idea?

I'm using the AIW X800 XT with the latest ATI drivers for RC1 and my
Graphics performance is 5.9 and Gaming Graphics is 4.9. Did you install
Vista over the top of another OS or was it a clean install?

Tom Lake

Clean Install

Component Details Subscore Base score
Processor Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 2.80GHz 3.7
Memory (RAM) 768 MB 3.9
Graphics RADEON X800 XT (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM) 1.0
Gaming graphics 319 MB Total available graphics memory 2.0
Primary hard disk 20GB Free (29GB Total) 5.2
Windows Vista â„¢ Ultimate

System

Manufacturer SiS
Model GE PRO-M2.
Total amount of system memory 768.00 MB RAM
System type 32-bit operating system
Number of processor cores 1
64-bit capable No

Storage

Total size of hard disk(s) 75 GB
Disk partition (C 20 GB Free (29 GB Total)
Disk partition (D 19 GB Free (29 GB Total)
Disk partition (E 9 GB Free (16 GB Total)
Media drive (F CD/DVD

Graphics

Display adapter type RADEON X800 XT (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM)
Total available graphics memory 319 MB
Dedicated graphics memory 256 MB
Dedicated system memory 0 MB
Shared system memory 63 MB
Display adapter driver version 7.15.11.0
Primary monitor resolution 1024x768
DirectX version DirectX 9.0 or better

Network

Network Adapter SiS 900-Based PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter

1 question.

1- your card is agp or PCI-e?

Old September 14th 06, 03:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Tom Lake

1 question.

1- your card is agp or PCI-e?

Mine is AGP.

Tom Lake

Old September 14th 06, 03:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
camesenin

"Tom Lake" wrote:

1 question.

1- your card is agp or PCI-e?

Mine is AGP.

Tom Lake

That version of drivers these using?

That I can do?
Old September 14th 06, 07:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Tom Lake

1 question.

1- your card is agp or PCI-e?

Mine is AGP.

Tom Lake

That version of drivers these using?

That I can do?

I will skip the Yoda joke. I'm using the latest Radeon driver.

Tom Lake

Old September 15th 06, 03:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
camesenin

you could send those to me drivers?

I must make something additional to make work them?

Thanks you