Vista Banter

-   -   USB - "Your device can perform faster..." (http://www.vistabanter.com/6595-usb-your-device-can-perform-faster.html)

Gary September 14th 06 03:36 AM

USB - "Your device can perform faster..."

No matter which port I use, when I plug in my Maxtor external USB drive,
Vista advises me that that it's not plugged into a USB 2 port. When it shows
available "hi-speed" ports, they're all there, but no matter which one I
use, it still sees it as USB 1.1.

Any ideas?

Gary September 14th 06 03:52 AM

USB - "Your device can perform faster..."

I forgot to mention too that I do have the "enhanced" usb controller in
device manager and seems to be no problem with it.

Gary September 14th 06 04:02 AM

USB - "Your device can perform faster..."

Umm ok nevermind. I restarted and it's all fine? I never thought a restart
would fix that up. Goes to show those restarts can do wonders!