X800 GT (AGP) Not working...

Old September 14th 06, 01:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Anthony LiPetri

Default X800 GT (AGP) Not working...

Tried installing the drivers that are provided by ATI and they do not work.
Tried installing the Windows VGA Driver which uses the x800 SE (WDDM)
drivers and it fails. What do I do now?

Old September 14th 06, 01:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
[email protected]

ditto, i am using the most recent xp drivers. It allows you to run
games and have a nice refresh rate, but no aero.

Posted with NewsLeecher v3.8 Beta 2
------------------- ----- ---- -- -

Old September 14th 06, 03:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Ures

"Anthony LiPetri" wrote:

Tried installing the drivers that are provided by ATI and they do not work.
Tried installing the Windows VGA Driver which uses the x800 SE (WDDM)
drivers and it fails. What do I do now?

I have the same problem with my x800 GT Pci-express. I tried 3 vista drivers
but none of them worked well.
1. The original microsoft Driver coming with Vista RC1
2. An Ati Driver that came via Windwos Update 2-3 days ago
3. The Ati Catalyst Driver for Vista RC1 (2. September)
This 3 drivers slow down my system that it fells like a 286. Wenn I click
something
it lasts 4-5 seconds until a window opens.
When i change my graphics driver to "standart -Vga" i donĀ“t have a problem.
Old September 14th 06, 03:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
camesenin

I install last drivers of Ati for my X800 All in Wonder later the screen
turned blue and the system froze ( no text just blue). I reset the computer
but just as it was to hit the desktop it turned blue again and froze so I
restarted in safe mode and rolled back.

My Performance Rating is 1

not working the drivers of ati for RC1, not working the drivers for ati of
windows update.

Old September 14th 06, 06:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Anthony LiPetri

When looking at the log that the catalyst driver thingy created it says that
the INF file cannot be found? Where would I find that?