"Print what" default in Word 2007

Old August 14th 07, 09:32 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Paddy

Default "Print what" default in Word 2007

I hope I've posted this in the right forum.

I've recently converted to Vista, which came with Word 2007.

When I want to print a document in Word 2007, the default "Print what"
option is "Document showing markup."

How do I change this to default to "Document"?

Thank you
Old August 14th 07, 04:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Ken Blake, MVP

On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 02:32:00 -0700, Paddy
wrote:

I hope I've posted this in the right forum.

Actually, no. This is a Word question, not a Vista one, and you would
be much more likely to get the help you need in a Word newsgroup than
here.

I've recently converted to Vista, which came with Word 2007.

When I want to print a document in Word 2007, the default "Print what"
option is "Document showing markup."

How do I change this to default to "Document"?

Thank you

Please Reply to the Newsgroup
Old August 14th 07, 07:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Paddy

"Ken Blake, MVP" wrote:
you would be much more likely to get the help you need in a Word newsgroup than here.

OK. I had searched microsoft.com for a forum for Word, but haven't managed
to find one. Either it's well hidden or (more likely) I just don't have good
eyes.

Please would you point me to the right forum.

Thank you.
Old August 14th 07, 07:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Ken Blake, MVP

On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 12:24:05 -0700, Paddy
wrote:

"Ken Blake, MVP" wrote:
you would be much more likely to get the help you need in a Word newsgroup than here.

OK. I had searched microsoft.com for a forum for Word, but haven't managed
to find one. Either it's well hidden or (more likely) I just don't have good
eyes.

Please would you point me to the right forum.

First, note that what you are calling a "forum" is actually a
newsgroup. You are accessing this newsgroup via the awful Microsoft
web interface, and that's the slowest, clunkiest, most error-prone
method there is. Do yourself a favor and switch to a newsreader, such
as Outlook Express, which comes with Windows. See
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/ou...snewreader.htm

Once you do that, you will find many newsgroups with names in the form
microsoft.public.word.xxxxx, such as microsoft.public.word.printing,
which is probably a good place for your question.

Please Reply to the Newsgroup
Old August 14th 07, 09:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Paddy Landau

Ken Blake, MVP wrote:
First, note that what you are calling a "forum" is actually a
newsgroup...

Well, that has opened my eyes!

Thank you, Ken. I've found the newsgroups and I will post my question in
a more appropriate place.
Old August 14th 07, 10:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Ken Blake, MVP

On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 22:04:34 +0100, Paddy Landau
wrote:

Ken Blake, MVP wrote:

First, note that what you are calling a "forum" is actually a
newsgroup...

Well, that has opened my eyes!

Thank you, Ken. I've found the newsgroups and I will post my question in
a more appropriate place.

You're welcome. Glad to help.

Please Reply to the Newsgroup