Old June 23rd 08, 01:46 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Kerry Brown

Default Dynamic disk status invalid.

You're welcome.

--
Kerry Brown
http://www.vistahelp.ca/phpBB2/

"Berben Peter" wrote in message
Hello Kerry,

What your telling seams to make sense...installed vista "home premium".
I'll take the disk out and install it in an other computer running
appropriate version of Windows . I'll let you know if this worked.

Many thanks!
Peter

"Kerry Brown" wrote:

"Berben Peter" wrote in message
Have a problem...

Before installing Vista, I tought of making a backup on a second
internal
hard disk which a bought and installed on the original XP professional
machine, I found myself to be very smart doing this.
Unfortunatly now that Vista is installed on this machine the disk is
not
accessible. disk manager says "dynamic disk status invalid"? What
can/should
I do to gain control over this disk again? I can convert it to a
standard
disk (only option available in disk manager) beause then I will loos
the
information it contains.

Thanks in advance.

What version of Vista do you have? Any version of Windows with Home in
the
name cannot access dynamic disks. If you have a Home version you'd have
connect the drive to a computer that has an appropriate version of
Windows
then use the Import a foreign disk wizard to access the files.