Repost: Chkdsk: Cannot open volume for direct access

Old August 14th 07, 08:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Kevin Cochran

Default Repost: Chkdsk: Cannot open volume for direct access

Greetings,

On Vista Home Premium, when the trying to run chkdsk from boot, the
following error comes up:

Checking file system on C:
Type of the file system is NTFS
Cannot open volume for direct access

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Kevin

Old January 25th 11, 08:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
George Blake