Old June 24th 08, 07:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
LC5683

Default Unable to open pics in Windows Photo Gallery on my Vista desktop

fun2163;651795 Wrote:
FINALLY! I had the same problem, and think I found an answer - at
least,
this worked for me...

It sounds crazy, but... copy all of the web / internet shortcuts that
are on your desktop to a folder on your desktop called test (or
anything
else).

Now try double clicking on a JPG image (assuming Windows Photo Gallery
is still your default application.)

*If that works - PLEASE post a reply here.*

Then, one by one, copy the shortcut files back to the desktop - double
clicking the JPG file each time to see when this happens again. When
you
find the offending shortcut, copy it's URL and delete the file. Then
try double clicking the file again.

Again - if this works, please post here.

--
fun2163

Wow! Unbelievable! I had just recently copied a bunch of Internet
shortcuts to my desktop. I didn't associate that with the problem I was
having with opening jpeg's on my desktop but glad I found this thread. I
moved all of the shortcuts to a folder on the desktop and whalla! I was
able to open open the pics on the desktop again. Thank you soooo much!
Now I will go through the shortcuts and find the culprit. I suspect
there will be multiple culprits as a number of them are very long.

--
LC5683