Vista Banter

-   -   OEM DVD RW Suddenly Gets Code 39 on driver (http://www.vistabanter.com/6631-re-oem-dvd-rw-suddenly-gets-code-39-driver.html)

JW September 15th 06 04:53 PM

OEM DVD RW Suddenly Gets Code 39 on driver

Worked for me as well. I have a NEC DVD ND-6500A that was showing a
corrupted driver until I deleted the filter values. Now it works fine.

"Bones" wrote:

That fix should work. I've already used it on a few systems.

"BurrWalnut" wrote in message
This works in XP, try it but create a system restore point first :-

Start, Run, type regedit and navigate to registry key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}.
Highlight it and in the right pane, find the Upperfilters and Lowerfilters
values. Highlight each one in turn, right click and delete them. Close
regedit and restart the computer.

Or download CD-DVD-FIX from here
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_d...cd_dvd_fix.htm