Vista Banter

-   -   multimedia audio controller problem (http://www.vistabanter.com/6644-multimedia-audio-controller-problem.html)

xler007 September 15th 06 11:58 PM

multimedia audio controller problem

hello, im new in here, but ive had window vista for about 3 months now
starting from the beta 2, and now i have RC1, and ive had this problem with
both versions. i get no audio out of the computer, and when i go to device
manager and under "other devices" it shows multimedia audio controller and it
seems like windows can not find the driver for it. the sound card is a
realtek HD and i downloaded the latest vista driver from their site, but i
still get no audio out of the computer. anyone has any suggestions?

Gary September 16th 06 02:36 AM

multimedia audio controller problem

With my driver (not Realtek), I had to go into the sound settings in control
panel and set the right one as default before any sound would happen. Just
thought that might be of some help.