Vista starts in Safe Mode all the time

Old May 2nd 09, 11:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Tyler DeFroscia

Default Vista starts in Safe Mode all the time

Howdy yall, occasionally my vista laptop starts in safe mode, which is
incredibly annoying. The only way i found to get out of it is to daoo amaual
shutdown ( Turn off using button machine) and selecting normal mode form the
options that happen when it reboots.
"Nimsy" wrote in message

Lene,

We seem to have the exact same problems, the only different may be that
you are using a desktop while I'm running a Dell Vista laptop.
The problem seemed to have began right after we System Restored after
the first auto restart. Futhermore, the problem seemed permanate when we
ran "msconfig". (Shouldn't run msconfig by following a site guide)
Because of the System Restore the "msconfig" runs itself on Safe Mode
mainly because you probably check "Normal Setup" following the
restore.
Normal Setup after the restore takes you to the original settings which
runs only basic the devices and drivers. This will not run other
installed programs that aren't mandatory to run Windows Vista, thus it
being in Safe Mode.

The only solution to this problem is a Windows Reinstallation
and remember not to follow a site guide to MSCONFIG without
credentials.

sites like "dell tech support"
or your branded computer support center

"Lene" wrote in message
Hi there

I've searched the net fro info about this but I just don't get

any
wiser.

Here's the story.
Installed a HP photosmart 516 (so that you can print out

photos). All
worked
fine eventhough it wasn't "certified" for Vista. I printed

pictures
and so on
- worked normally on it with office programs and windows mail.

I went
away
from it for a couple of days (it goes into standby - and my

husband
told me
that one night he woke up because it started by itself and

then it
shut
down??!!) Coming back and restarting the desktop made it

almost
freeze BEFORE
even running the BIOS. I thought that there was something

wrong with
the BIOS
and have even looked for updates at HP's webpages. But it's

not
that.....after about 15 min it starts as always no problems.
Of course I got annyoed with this one evening so I went into

Safe
Mode to
see if there was any difference in doing that....Being in

there I
decided to
make a "System Restore" to see if that could help. So that's

what I
did.
After this it only starts in Safe Mode!!!
But it doesn't wait for 15 min before loading the BIOS or

whatever
it's
working with...
I have been trying to System Restore even further back....no

changes.
Then I went into msconfig and tried a few things that I read

on the
net.
Still the same.
I brought it with me to my work where we are 3 that works with

IT in
hope
that 3 pair of eyes may see more than one pair.
And we came up with making a new user with admin rights and

then
changing
again in msconfig to not make "Safe Boot" (this underneath

"Boot").
Then it
can start the right way BUT then it doesn't allow some

programs to
startup??!!
OKay we then took away the programs from the startup folder.

Still
the same
problem because then it was msconfig that was the new problem

..not
being
permitted to run in startup (wherever that came from??)
Everytime we go into msconfig and choose the option that we

want
windows run
normally then it by itself marks that it should start in Safe

Mode
(under
"Boot")?
Even when chooseing from F8 that it should start normally - it

starts
in
Safe Mode.
I'm getting grey hairs and loseing hair too from this -

because we
have
absolutely no idea how to stop it from misbehaving. ---- Sure

--- we
could
reinstall it and I could make a back up of all the

files.....but
then I
still wouldn't know what the problem was or whether it will

suddenly
happen
again -- beside that I've had it for so little time that I

haven't
made
"discovery disk's" yet... --- clever me ;-)

Are there anybody out there that have heard about anything

like this
or
there might have a brilliant idea???
Thanks in advance & Wishing you all a nice day :-)
--
LSH

Old June 13th 10, 01:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
karl

Peter Foldes :
Vista starts in Safe Mode all the time
Have you checked Msconfig\BOOT.INI if Safeboot in not checked

well that did help me a lot ! I'm glad that some People can think
"straight and not around many Corners"
I just could not rem.that I put a "Tick" in System
ConfigurationBootBoot Option :"Safe Boot" - -and how I got to that
Setting - -
as some noticed : it cannot be undone by RESTORE !
Thanks Peter ! my Blood Pressure is back to normal !

Old July 19th 11, 08:00 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
bugxo

After trying System Restore from safe mode, with original DVD too, tried
to check boot process with sfc and with DVD too, next solution was
successful,
I opened msconfig and in Boot tab, I haved unchecked Safe Mode. But in
the Genereal tab, the boot type was automatically switched to Selective
startup. When I checked Normal startup here, on the Boot tab it
automatically checked Safe Mode. So I unchecked Safe mode and checked
Make all boot settings permanent, Applied settings and in the General
tab was automatically selected Normal startup and after restart it
works.
System Windows Vista Business.