ATI RC1 Drivers AIW 9600

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 16th 06, 03:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Mikey8567

Default ATI RC1 Drivers AIW 9600

Ok It seems that ATI is running behind on these Vista drivers, they claim to
be the first to "ATI is one of the first graphic providers to make a 32 and
64-bit driver that supports the Longhorn Display Driver Model (LDDM) " thats
fine and all and I've been runnignt he AIW series since the AIW128pro. I see
posts speaking of "black screen of death" I'm guess it's meaning the old MS
"Blue Screen Of DEATH" BSD?
Ok this what I have done so far. Installed RC1 as a upgrade and also a clean
install, I have totaly removed all traces of the drivers and reistall the
newest driver set fomr ATI
https://support.ati.com/ics/support/...tionID=1 9933
.. The install goes flawless and once it's done I have checked the install log
and have seen it went without any errors installing... It then ask's to rebot
so the new drivers can take effect. I do that and then it boots up, go's to
the Vista log in screen where I log in and it then goes to the blue arora
screen witht eh spinning blue circle and the word welcome (vista's is
it reboots the system...

THis has continued as long as I'm will to do the log in. I have started
Vista in safemode, removed the install from ATI, then rebooted the system
(hot and cold start (reset, or compleat power down)). The system reboots fine
with no issues and I compleatly removed all traced of the ati drivers and
even the file I downloaded (thinking it was a corrupt file D/L), redown
loaded it and reinstalled ot to get the same thing all over again!

I thought about the remote and unpluged it during the install and even
after, I did the same thing with My eHome IR Transciever (WMC remote) and no
change. I run a muilt OS system (XP SP2 & Vista on it's own drive) I booted
XP and all was fine with the card.

Guess that after all that it is in one or the other (Catalyst Beta Driver ,
Catalyst Control Center) and not a hardware issue due to a roll back solving
the issues.

I guess I will waith for a responce from ATI and or a newer version of
Catalyst Beta Driver and Catalyst Control Center.

AMD Athlon xp 1.34ghz
KCS K7S5A MB
512 M ram
SB Audigy Pro
60gig (xp sp2) 80gig (vista) HD's
ATI All-in-wonder 9600agp "2006 edition"

BTW I found the info for "Tuner Not Found" in WMC at ati if anyone is
haveing that prob.