Bluetooth problems with Dell d620 (Toshiba BT)

Old September 16th 06, 06:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
aspa

Default Bluetooth problems with Dell d620 (Toshiba BT)

hi

I'm having problems setting up the Bluetooth on a Dell d620.

I've downloaded the BT driver package for Windows XP from Dell support site
and tried installing it. There were some problems during installation but the
package appears to have been installed.

In general, is there any hope that XP applications and drivers will work on
Vista?

When i try to run the Bluetooth setting after installing the driver i get
the following warning:

"Program Compatibility Assistant

This program has known compatibility issues

Check online to see if solutions are available from the Microsoft website.
If solutions are found, Windows will automatically display a website that
lists steps you can take.

Program: Bluetooth Settings
Publisher: TOSHIBA
Location: C:\Program Files\Toshiba\Bluetooth Toshiba Stack\ECCenter1.exe

Bluetooth Settings is incompatible with this version of Windows. For more
information, contact TOSHIBA."

Has anyone managed to get the Dell/Toshiba Bluetooth working on Vista?

Any suggestions on how i could try to resolve this issue?

Old September 16th 06, 07:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Jeff

Hi,
Is that toshiba stack for the Dell 350 card?
If so, same here.
Found if I disabled UAC;everything installs;except the bluetooth
settings software; and that's where I need to get.
Haven't found a resolution;yet.
Dell's no help, and it seems Toshiba doesn't have a Vista compatable
one;yet.
Jeff

Old November 16th 06, 06:28 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Mostapha

Default bluetooth and autocad

after installing the first final vista release everything seems to be working excellent except that bluetooth stack from toshiba. i can use the bluetooth in everything but not with my bluetooth mouse yet.
anyway toshiba announced the new stack version this Nov:
http://aps.toshiba-tro.de/bluetooth/pages/news.html

also i cant get AutoCAD 2007 to work on it. i hope somebody have an answer !!

http://www.eggheadcafe.com