Fix for dell Laptops

Old September 16th 06, 08:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Matthileo

Default Fix for dell Laptops

I tried that, and it did not help me at all.
I have a Dell Inspiron 6000, and am running RC1.
--
God''s in his Heaven.
All''s right with the world.

~Nerv

"Godsend For Dell Laptops" wrote:

ftp://ftp.dell.com/audio/R99254.EXE
"chrisdg" wrote:

Just installed windows vista build 5384 and the (SigmaTel C-Major Audio)
laptop speakers do work fine but when i plug in speakers or headphones there
is not sound at all.??
Can anyone help......

Dell Inspiron XPS GEN2
Intel centrino 2.0ghz
1024MB Ram
80GB HardDrive
NVidia Geforce 6800Go
SigmaTel C-Major Audio(sound card).....

Thank You....

Old September 16th 06, 08:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Jeff

Hi,
I use the Sigmatel driver for my e1505 - no probs
Go to dell and grab one for the e1505
Jeff

Old September 17th 06, 01:49 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Matthileo

I couldn't get it to work.
It kept saying that it wasn't compatible with my hardware, or something like
that.
--
God''''s in his Heaven.
All''''s right with the world.

~Nerv

Old September 18th 06, 03:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Jeff

Hi,
driver for the dell e1505-which
i have; works fine.
Maybe try the sigmatel driver for the dell e1505;instead of your 6000.
Jeff

Old September 19th 06, 04:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Zach

I am running RC1 on an inspiron 9300, I've tried installing the dell drivers
for the 9300 and other models, none do anything to solve the headphone jack
issue. Anyone have any ideas?