Vista Banter

-   -   windows explorer stopped working when trying to open control panel (http://www.vistabanter.com/66856-re-windows-explorer-stopped-working-when-trying-open-control-panel.html)

Chris August 17th 07 09:52 PM

windows explorer stopped working when trying to open control panel

"Chris" wrote:

I tried to enter control panel from start, but then this error message pops
out and says windows explorer has stopped working and will be restarted.
Then when windows explorer has restarted, the "Problem Reports and Solutions"
window pops out and says that this problem was caused by the compability
issue between Windows Vista and my version of REALTEK HD AUDIO SOUND EFFECT
MANAGER. It suggests me to go to Realtek's website and download a version
that's compatible with Vista. I downloaded one that says is compable with
Vista but the problem's still there after I installed it and restarted. What
should I do???

add: i have this problem whenever i try to access the control panel, and
doesn't matter where i access it from.