Vista Banter

-   -   radeon, viewsonic and vista display problem (http://www.vistabanter.com/6686-re-radeon-viewsonic-vista-display-problem.html)

Mailman September 16th 06 10:45 PM

radeon, viewsonic and vista display problem

Yo,
I've run into a similar problem except on my primary display (secondary
burnt out ages ago and I never replaced it :)
My primary only display at 1024X768 instead of the 1280x1024 resolution it
was display prior to upgrade to Vista RC1 32bit.
For some reason, even my catalyst drivers are now saying my monitor can only
display 1024... It's a 17inch CRT so I don't see why it isn't displaying
properly...

Any suggestions?

"MamboWarrior" wrote:

I have the issue on the secondairy display. not on the primairy. What i also
have is that the display after reboot or commin back from hybernation come's
into 1024x768 instead of 1280x1024. Everytime i have to reset the dispay to
the right resolution.

Anyone any suggestions?

"far-site" wrote:

after installing vista 5384 and installing the vista drivers from ATI for the
radeon 9600 the monitor screen flickers every 2-3 seconds, I have tried all
the various refresh rates and resolution settings but the flicker persists, I
have it set up on a dual boot system with XP and everything else seems to
work incredibly well just the screen problem in vista, when I boot to XP the
flicker goes. viewsonic dont seem to have any vista drivers available, anyone
got any ideas on a fix for this?

thanks