Vista Banter

-   -   Travan Tape Drive? (http://www.vistabanter.com/6690-travan-tape-drive.html)

Tom Lake September 17th 06 01:48 AM

Travan Tape Drive?

I have an ATAPI Travan 40 tape drive that worked great in XP. I've loaded
Vista RC1 now and the tape drive doesn't show up in Device Manager. Does
anyone out there use a tape drive successfully with RC1? If so did you do
anything special to get it to work?

TIA

Tom Lake

Kerry Brown September 17th 06 03:08 AM

Travan Tape Drive?

You should thank your lucky stars that it doesn't work. I have seen more
lost data from using travan tape drives for backups than any other single
cause. Possibly even more than all other causes combined.

--
Kerry
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User