Vista Banter

-   -   Samsung 957p Monitor (http://www.vistabanter.com/6699-samsung-957p-monitor.html)

Roman September 17th 06 10:25 AM

Samsung 957p Monitor

All,

I have a Samsung SyncMaster 957p 19" monitor. Although the monitor is
performing just fine, I have a question about what it does after Vista
shutdown - the monitor displays the 'No Signal' dialog box that moves around
the screen. I consequently turn the monitor off.

The monitor did not do this with XP. Is the problem the generic pnp monitor
driver, or a setting in Vista somewhere that can fix this? The specific
monitor driver is not available in Vista or the Samsung site.

Cheers,

Richard Urban September 17th 06 11:42 AM

Samsung 957p Monitor

You had the monitor connected to the "same" computer for these tests? Or,
did you have Vista on one computer and XP on another computer - and use the
same monitor with each computer?

--
Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

Quote from George Ankner:

Roman September 17th 06 01:32 PM

Samsung 957p Monitor

Hi Richard,

Same computer, upgraded from XP to Beta 2 to RC1. The monitor issue arose
after installing Beta 2. I didn't comment expecting the issue may be resolved
in RC1.

Cheers.