8600 GT Sli Failing

Old August 18th 07, 07:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
mzmiric5

Default 8600 GT Sli Failing

Guys i need help fast.
On my workstation I'm running vista ultimate x86 on Core 2 Duo E6600, 2 GB
RAM, 2x Albatron 8600 GT 256 in sli mode. So few days ago i downloaded new
nvida WHQL driver from MS update and from then my screen frequently turns
black and i see my mouse for few sec and than my lcd starts looking for
signal, second after vista is back on screen and i receive a message "Display
driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.". I tried
to rollback to my old driver but my situation remains unchanged. I believe
this is not application based because it happens to me randomly. Even
happened to me few times now while the only thing I'm running is IE. Help me
please!
Thanks in advanced
Mišo
Old August 18th 07, 08:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
JW

Get the latest WHQL drivers(162.22) or the latest Beta drivers(163.11) from
the NVIDIA Website and follow the instructions for removing the old drivers
and installing the new ones. The drivers from NVIDIA are most likely newer
then the ones from MS WinUpdate.

Old August 19th 07, 05:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
mzmiric5

Thanks, so i tried updating to 162,22 WHQL and to 163.11 Beta. On both
drivers i have noticed that this crashes only happen while sli mode is
active. Any other solutions? I'm running that configuration on ECS
NF650iSLIT-A.
Thanks in advanced
Mišo

Old August 19th 07, 06:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
JW

Read the release notes for the current release notes in detail looking for
references to SLI mode with your card.

Old July 22nd 08, 06:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
vista_user[_2_]

I went into BIOS and disabled "Intel C-State Tech".

Also I set all RAM speeds to Auto even though the motherboard (P5Q-Pro)
select slower speeds than specified on the RAM itself.

I don't know if the RAM settings matter, but these two changes solved
the problem. Probably C-State is the real problem. :geek:

--
vista_user
Old July 22nd 08, 06:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
motarola2[_17_]

well, if it was a windows update, you should try a system restore.

--
motarola2