"hard disk drive error"

Old August 19th 07, 03:00 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Luis

Default "hard disk drive error"

Wich tool should I trust PC Doctor or SMART?

Why do tou ask? Read my letter!
From: Luis
To: You
I have headache today... and yet, I was so lucky!
When I restart my computer nothing apeared, just a black screen for hours,
then I realized that something was wrong. In the BIOS screen I tried and
tried to fix that problem almost for the entire day.
I run PC Doctor in BIOS to fully test evrything and the frustation begins:
HDD test failed, no OS found, cannot recovery (both system or restore
recovery), can´t read the Recovery DVD´s I made just 10 minutes before "It",
the BIOS boot up taked an hour to load a simple thing. Called HP México for
help and they told me to run SMART in BIOS and if the test passed them will
not validate me the warranty which I still have because they say to me tath
that tool have 99 percent accuracy; luckily for them the test passed, but for
me, I still did not knowing what to do.
Then again to try to fix the problem for the entire day, again. I got it, in
BIOS I put to load the SYSTEM recovery DVD´s in fist place instead of th HDD
.... ... and it worked, finally! To configure windows for the fist time,
again! Yay! I have windows back again.

But ... then I recive this from Microsoft:

"Problems Reports and Solutions

Problem caused by a hard disk drive error

Windows was temporarily unable to read your hard disk drive. This problem is
general in nature and we are unable to determine the specific cause of the
problem from the error report. In most cases this problem is temporary and
can be ignored.

Common causes of this problem include:

Large file transfers from secondary media, such as an external hard drive,
to a local hard drive.
The loss of power to a hard disk drive that causes (highlight)inconsistent
data sectors(/highlight).
Problems entering Hibernation or Standby Mode.
Hard drive lag caused by filter drivers, such as virus scanners."

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO00OOOOOOOO0OOOOOOOOOO00000ooo!! !!!!!!!!!
I STILL HAVE THE SAME

::sorry for my english::