Performance and Maintainance of Windows Vista A forum for performance and maintenance tasks in Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintainance)

No Support - error code 80071A90

Old August 19th 07, 04:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance,microsoft.public.windowsupdate
Robert Aldwinckle

Default No Support - error code 80071A90

(cross-post added to Vista Perf & Maint)
"Sumit" wrote in message
I have VISTA Home premium
Security update KB938123 failed.
Now can't find any support information for Error code 80071A90
can anyone help me with this problem?

cmd_output OS="XPsp2"
E:\set /a c = 0x1A90
6800
E:\net helpmsg %c%

The system cannot find message text for message number 0x1a90 in the message file for NETMSG.
/cmd_output

See if your OS gives a different response to a net helpmsg 6800
command?

Is it this?:

(Live Search for
6800 codes site:microsoft.com
)

quote
ERROR_TRANSACTIONAL_CONFLICT
6800 The function attempted to use a name that is reserved for use by another transaction.
/quote

As usual it doesn't seem very informative using just the code to try to
deduce what is wrong. Try searching all files which were changed by the
update for any instances of the code (in both its decimal and hexadecimal
representations.) Assuming you find log files that way (or other diagnostics)
see if the context(s) that you find the code in give you any more clues.

Hmm... note that another poster mentioned this code in an earlier thread
about what seems to be a related code: 80071AA7

http://www.microsoft.com/communities...5-d877db735fb9

E.g. that one seems even more cryptic: eg

quote
"The file cannot be opened transactionally, because its identity
depends on the outcome of an unresolved transaction."
/quote

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---

Old April 28th 10, 06:52 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Honestbroker7

"I am answering late because this is still a problem for many people.

Solution: My wife had this same problem with 27 updates that failed with
error code 80071A90 . It turns out that it is all about your internet
connection. It has to be an Ethernet connection and not a WIFI
connection. This is because WIFI in many situations does a reset during
the download and that causes errors during the update download.
Temporarily changing to an Ethernet connection solved the problem along
with only doing a few (sometimes just one) updates at a time and not all
27 updates at once."

--
Honestbroker7