Performance and Maintainance of Windows Vista A forum for performance and maintenance tasks in Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintainance)

Low Disk Space in Recovery "D" Vista OS

Old May 25th 08, 08:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
frizzie[_2_]

Default Low Disk Space in Recovery "D" Vista OS

AJR;716430 Wrote:

snip:

Hi AJR -- thanx so much for your reply.

You wrote:
BTW - if you are using Acronis I would not backup the "D"
drive/partition.
One other thing - do not confuse drives versus partitions - as you
probably
know, you can have one drive divided into several partitions e.g. C, D
and E
or three separate drives C, D, and E."

---------------------
After reading your reply above, I checked the size of the drives and C
+ D equal the size of E so it appears D is a partition of C. I have two
hard drives and an external. Sooooo I won't back up D, as you
suggested. I plan to back up on 6/1 because I got a canon scanner for
my birthday this week and want to make sure that's backed.

Hope you and "she who must be obeyed -- yep I read that story g" and
feel the exact same way, have a nice holiday and thanx again.

--
frizzie
Old May 12th 09, 07:20 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
ericwg888

ok im about to give it a try...finally. i think this is good advice to
try..so I shall. thanks for all you great imput in this matter.

Eric

--
ericwg888
ericwg888's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/76917.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Old October 12th 12, 09:20 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
[email protected]

My computer alerts me that I have low disk space in recovery "D". Recovery
shows 1% of disk space left. How to I correct this. This is my first post
and I'm a beginner at this.

Sorry to reply here, I know this thread has been a long time, but to this problem it is better to choose 3rd party partition software, like AOMEI Partition Assistant, Gparted, Partition Wizard.But AOMEI Partition Assistant could directly allocate free space from other partition to the destination partition: http://www.extend-partition.com/help...ree-space.html